Come on a VIP Experience at the Macadamia Castle.
Are you looking to get up close and personal and learn more about our Australian animals? You can now have an intimate guided tour with exclusive behind-the-scenes access, where you’ll meet native and farmyard animals one-on-one in Keeper only areas. Our expert Keepers will take you on a guided exploration and unforgettable hands-on experience of our Animal Park.
This is an immersive tour, gaining insider knowledge of the animals and the operation of a facility. Your group will meet and have photo opportunities with kangaroos, wallabies, sugar gliders, possums, emus, koala, wombat, Australian birds, owl and a plethora of reptiles including snakes, lizards a crocodile and much, much more.
You will gain an insight into the daily working life of a Keeper, become involved in animal training, the diet we prepare for our animals, our enrichment activities and the ways we stimulate their natural environment. Along the way you will handle animals and take home a photographic record of your day.
This tour allows you to ask questions of our Keepers and gain an understanding of our animals, their environment and conservation. You can investigate, through hands on learning, the structural, physiological and behavioural adaptations of our native animals and have an incredible experience far more comprehensive than visiting the park on your own.
This VIP tour includes transfers from your accommodation in Byron Bay or Ballina in an electric Tesla vehicle as well as coffee on arrival, a delicious locally-sourced lunch and a sweet or savoury pancake afternoon tea. (Over 18s finish the day with a complimentary local gin and vodka cocktail tasting tray or pancake meal.)
For a minimum 4 and maximum 8 participants.
- Learn about and participate in animal training
- Prepare and learn more about the animal’s diet
- Undertake enrichment activities, stimulating their natural behaviours
- Get truly up close and personal with a range of animals
- Participate in animal encounters with photographs
- Learn about conservation and protecting local species
- Pick up and drop off in a Tesla vehicle
- Coffee on arrival, your choice of lunch and a pancake afternoon tea
- Personalised tour with a dedicated Keeper throughout the day
- Go behind the scenes in the Keeper Sheds to prepare food
- Free flight bird show and encounter with the birds
- Meet the crocs and reptiles
- Nocturnal Theatre with a personalised meeting following the show
- Farmyard baby animal feeding
- Owl encounter
- Enter the enclosure to learn more about kangaroos, wallabies and emus
- Meet our koala and gain an insider’s knowledge on his behaviours
- Train ride and animal food
- Transfers from your accommodation in a Tesla electric vehicle ( 4 persons ir under) or shuttle bus
- A digital photographic record of your day. At least 10 fantastic photos
- Local cocktail tasting plate (over 18s)
2 participants $500
3 participants $550
4 participants $600
5 participants $700
6 participants $800
7 participants $900
8 participants $1,000
Minimum 7 years of age
Collection from your Ballina or Byron hotel in an electric Tesla motor vehicle (four participants) or a shuttle bus (five or more participants) at 9.30am and returning at 4pm. You will be in the animal park from 10am-3.00pm. Depart Castle at 3.30 pm after cocktails and Macadamia Nut tasting. Gold Coast transfers available. $175 extra return. Ask for price for other locations
Prior to booking please read over our Cancellation Policy.